Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Sissy!

Today is my sister's 40th Birthday!



From Day ONE she has shown me the ropes.  For instance, it is not really breaking in if you are going to play with the neighbor's toys in the basement while they are not home.

Playing dolls and tea party in Wisconsin cica 1975.  My favorite photo of us.

She has been my partner in crime.  Without her, I might not have appreciated Star Wars figures, Battlestar Galctica, or John Travolta.

I might not have been brave enough to jump the waves, or wear a bikini.


Newport Beach, California


The ski lift would have been much scarier without her by my side.

Learning to drive with just Mom and Dad would have been a bit less eventful.  My closet wardrobe would have been half the size.  I would have never learned how to french braid.


I had a built in BFF at all seven schools we attended together.

Who would have helped me through Western Civilization and English 101?  I might not have gotten into the Uptown Lounge as easily.  Nor would I have had anywhere near the fun at UGA!!!!  Who could have known that 11 people could fit in one La Quinta Inn room at Georgia-Florida?


I would not have her example of being a calm, steady, and loving mother.

Nor would I have such a great example of a zesty, easy, and happening marriage with a life partner.



Today, I hope you have breakfast in bed, lovely gifts, calls from friends, hugs from children, and a drink in your hand at all times.

Cheers, Melissa!  I love you sooooooooo much!


I really hope you DO have your cake and eat it TOO!  I can't wait to experience the next 40 years with you!

1 comment:

  1. This is so very sweet. Happy birthday to Melissa!

    ReplyDelete